Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
  • Requirements:
    100K Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
​​​​​​​
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Placeholder.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Moderator Note

The 100K tier is live. I'm sure this new thread will be too.

dayone, AS Moderator
Fredd, vanillabean and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Weird... When I log in, I'm shown as 100K. That said, I never received the congratulatory email (I never do for some reason. I checked my preferences and I'm signed up for emails, promos, etc. but all I ever get is flight confirmations/changes and upgrade notices.) Oh well. As long as they show me as 100K, I'm confident I'll get all the bennies.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Weird... When I log in, I'm shown as 100K. That said, I never received the congratulatory email (I never do for some reason. I checked my preferences and I'm signed up for emails, promos, etc. but all I ever get is flight confirmations/changes and upgrade notices.) Oh well. As long as they show me as 100K, I'm confident I'll get all the bennies.
I got the congratulatory email a few minutes ago. I am waiting to chat with an agent to see if they will adjust the bonus miles for my four 2022 trips already flown to reflect the 150% bonus vs. the 125% 75K bonus EQM's.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
I got the congratulatory email a few minutes ago. I am waiting to chat with an agent to see if they will adjust the bonus miles for my four 2022 trips already flown to reflect the 150% bonus vs. the 125% 75K bonus EQM's.
Are you using one of the new numbers? I was tempted to try them just to hear what kind of super-special secret greeting there is. In reality, dealing with the AS 75K phone lines has always been a pleasure, and certainly comparable to the best service we ever received as UA 1Ks on their dedicated lines.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
For those who haven't got the email yet:

The highest status in the sky.
Congrats on joining a very elite group of flyers! You're one of the first ever to reach MVP® Gold 100K status. Bask in the moment, then look below for the great perks you've just unlocked.

TAKE A LOOK
maradori

#######

Member since 2016

Check your status with the app.

The sweeter rewards of status

GO TO THE FRONT OF THE PLANE.

Top priority for unlimited First Class and Premium Class upgrades for you and a travel companion, when available.*

150%
SCORE MORE MILES.

150% bonus on base miles earned when you fly on Alaska Airlines, oneworld® member airlines and our Global Partners.

PERK UP.

Enjoy a complimentary premium beverage and snack of your choice when flying in the Main Cabin. Current snack options are LesserEvil® Himalayan Gold Popcorn, SpudLove® Sea Salt Potato Chips or Skinny Dipped® Dark Chocolate Almonds.†

UP, UP AND UPGRADE.

Enjoy two complimentary one-way upgrade certificates on American Airlines when you travel internationally. These certificates will be emailed to you in early Q2.**

Go places with your benefits.
Your MVP Gold 100K status unlocks the perks of oneworld® Emerald tier status when you fly oneworld® member airlines to 1,000+ global destinations. Plus, enjoy additional benefits as an elite when flying with American Airlines.

EXPLORE NOW
We're here to help.
Enjoy priority call routing when you need to talk.

Guest Care: 1-800-654-5669

Reservations: 1-800-252-7522

Book | My account | Preferences | Contact us | oneworld®
Facebook Twitter Instagram
*Companion must be in the same reservation. Saver fares (booked in X class of service) are not eligible for elite upgrades.
†Complimentary premium beverage is available on most flights over 350 miles. Complimentary snack for MVP Gold 100K members is available on most flights over 670 miles. We apologize when onboard inventory doesn’t allow for your first choice.
**Only members who meet the published qualification criteria for MVP Gold 100K tier are eligible for the American Airlines upgrade certificates. Status acquired via nomination, promotion, or special offers are not eligible. Complete terms and conditions will be provided when the certificates are distributed.
For trips already flown in January, we'll retroactively award you the difference between the MVP Gold 100K 150% elite bonus and the MVP Gold 75K 125% elite bonus. You'll see these miles posted by the end of February.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Fredd
Are you using one of the new numbers? I was tempted to try them just to hear what kind of super-special secret greeting there is. In reality, dealing with the AS 75K phone lines has always been a pleasure, and certainly comparable to the best service we ever received as UA 1Ks on their dedicated lines.
Chat. I have been on a "14 minute" wait for about 30 minutes now.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
For those who haven't got the email yet:
For trips already flown in January, we'll retroactively award you the difference between the MVP Gold 100K 150% elite bonus and the MVP Gold 75K 125% elite bonus. You'll see these miles posted by the end of February.

Just found the answer in the email...
FlyerDigits and hyedmd like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Chat. I have been on a "14 minute" wait for about 30 minutes now.
Ugh. Mrs. Fredd does most of our calling and she's noticed more phone delays recently, presumably due to staffing shortages.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Got recognized by the FA today as a 100K member and she told me I was her first one. BP and everything else I've seen reflects it.

As I mentioned in another thread I went right to the top of two 20-person waitlists with a ticket purchased just a week ago. I'm thinking there may not be as many of us as we think/fear. I'm thinking maybe a lot of the 75K crowd are ones "coasting" on previous years with extensions, etc. Looking forward to a fun year of travel. I doubt I'll hit 100K again - especially absent any bonus multipliers.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Ill be curious to see if any benefits get added once the herd gets thinned out next year.

The 150 vs 125% bump is nice, as well as probably a little better chance of upgrades, but other than that, the benefits are pretty weak. I dont really count the premium snack as a benefit, because I dont think I have been in a regular cabin seat on Alaska with Gold or above
mtofell and tonylop33 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:40 pm

EXPLORE NOW
We're here to help.

Except these are the regular numbers anyone can use that are noted on the AS website, not the Elite Line numbers...
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: Yes
EXPLORE NOW
We're here to help.

Except these are the regular numbers anyone can use that are noted on the AS website, not the Elite Line numbers...
Interesting. I checked my AS app and the previous 75K numbers were replaced with those two numbers.

I wonder if they implemented the routing on the backend.
FlyingOptimist likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by anteater
Interesting. I checked my AS app and the previous 75K numbers were replaced with those two numbers.

I wonder if they implemented the routing on the backend.
I actually noticed these numbers in the bottom of the email, each time I got to a higher status I received two different numbers but unfortunately some of the numbers don’t seem to do what they are meant to do. As a matter of fact the two numbers that you just mentioned, I decided to test called this morning and The automated system did not say this is the priority phone line, I have over eight different priority phone numbers that all work, But some of them don’t work as they are intended to, I don’t think Alaska‘s phone system is working properly. Hopefully the bugs get fixed and these numbers end up having a higher priority
SEA777GUY and anteater like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:04 pm

Just got the email and noticed the changed in the app!!! Need to start working on keeping status for 2023!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.